St Pancras Parish Church


The Liberty of the Clink

Silver tetradrachm of Athens

Londesborough brooch

The Grenadier Guards


The Uniforms

St Paul's Cathedral (part one)

St George the Martyr (Borough High Street)

Winchester hoard

Sugar-crusted cherry cake

Hammersmith bridge (part one)

St Margaret’s Church

The Heretics

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Heathrow (Terminals 1, 2, 3, Terminal 4 and Terminal 5).
 (голосов: 0)
Heathrow (Terminals 1, 2, 3, Terminal 4 and Terminal 5).
Heathrow was recorded as Hetherewe in 1547 and was, perhaps, the home of John atte Hethe who lived here in the 14th century. The name is probably derived from the Old English haep, 'heath' and raev, 'row' - 'the row of houses on the heath'. Alternatively, the second half of the name may derive from the old English word ruh which means 'rough or uncultivated ground', and perhaps Heathrow originally was 'the rough heath'. It now houses one of the world's busiest airports.

HEATHROW TERMINALS 1,2,3 was opened as HEATHROW CENTRAL on 16 December 1976, which was changed to HEATHROW CENTRAL TERMINALS 1,2,3 on 3 October 1983 and gained its present name on 12 April 1986. HEATHROW TERMINAL 4 station was opened on 12 April 1986.

Heathrow Terminal 5, opening spring 2008, is the only Underground station owned by BAA, the airport company.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.