Kew bridge (part one)

The Civil War

Hiroshige Utagawa (1797-1858), Suido Bridge and Surugadai

Hammersmith bridge (part five)

Soured cream and chocolate cupcakes

Westminster Methodist Central Hall

Lambeth bridge (part three)

Colossal bust of Ramesses II


Smoked salmon and herb creme fraiche sandwiches



Brent Cross

Richmond railway bridge

Jack the Ripper walk (part six)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Gunnersbury. Tradition has it that on a site near here stood the dwelling of Gunhilda (or Gunyld) the niece of the Danish King Canute (reigned 1016-1035) but this seems to rest on unsup-ported evidence. Recorded as Gounyldebury in 1334 its name seems to be derived, nevertheless, from a female name of Scandinavian origin - Gunnhild's (or variations) and the Old English burh, 'a manor'. It was recorded as Gunsbury in с. 1651.

The station was opened by the London & South Western Railway as BRENTFORD ROAD on 1 January 1869 and re-named GUNNERSBURY on 1 November 1871. First used by District and Metropolitan trains on 1 June 1877, the Metropolitan Railway's trains until 31 December 1906.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.