,
Random
St Pancras Parish Church

Paddington

The Liberty of the Clink

Silver tetradrachm of Athens

Londesborough brooch

The Grenadier Guards

Wimbledon

The Uniforms

St Paul's Cathedral (part one)

St George the Martyr (Borough High Street)

Winchester hoard

Sugar-crusted cherry cake

Hammersmith bridge (part one)

St Margaret’s Church

The Heretics

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Greenford
 (голосов: 0)
Greenford



Greenford was recorded as grenan forda in 845 and as Greneford in the Domesday Book. As the name suggests, it refers to a ford, which was a crossing place over the River Brent which led to a green.

The station was opened as GREENFORD by the Great Western Railway on 1 October 1904. A new station for Underground trains was opened on 30 June 1947.






Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.