,
Random
Northolt

Funniest announcements heard on the tube

Wood Green

Liverpool Street

Royal Albert

London bridge (part eight)

Dhratarastra, Guardian King of the East

Portland vase

Cheswick bridge

Smoked salmon and herb creme fraiche sandwiches

The antique dealer Captain Bob

No mask of a young woman

Flood tablet

Crucifixion of Christ

Sloane astrolabe

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Grange Hill
 (голосов: 0)
Grange HillGrange Hill. The Grange was one of the manors originally belonging to Tilty Priory. After the dissolution of the monaster¬ies it was granted in 1537 to Thomas Adlington; it changed hands many times until the manor was given as an endowment to Brentwood Grammar School in 1558. The School retained the property until the late 19th century when the land was sold and the building demolished. The Hill is the road at the front of the station.

The station was opened as GRANGE HILL by the Great Eastern Railway on 1 May 1903 and was first used by Underground trains on 21 November 1948.





Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.