Bethnal Green

Clapham North

John Constable (1776-1837), Stonehenge


Hawai’ian feather cape


The Power of Objects


The queen of vintage - Hilary Proctor


Charity and community support

Brass head with beaded crown and plume


Sudbury Town

Kew bridge (part one)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Golders Green
 (голосов: 0)
Golders Green

Golders Green was recorded in 1612 and Golder seems clearly to refer to a personal name although no such recorded name has been noted in the early history of the parish. It seems that the name should be associated with John le Godere in 1321 and John Godyer of Hendon in 1371 and it may well be that Golders is a corruption of the later name. It is also suggested that Godyer was an obscure farmer who in fact sold his property and left the district. The Green was once part of the fields of Middlesex, which remained rural until the arrival of the railway.

The station was opened as GOLDERS GREEN on 22 June 1907.

Golders Green

When Golders Green station was built, it was surrounded by fields. This entrance in Finchley Road was built after development had occurred.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.