Bronze model of a human head

North Harrow

West Silvertown

Head from a statue of the Buddha

Outrage in the Nation

Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace

Fortnum's classic shortbread

West Ruislip

Gilded bronze figure of Tara

Kozo, double-headed dog

Feather bonnet of Yellow Calf

St James's Park

Tower Gateway

Pytney bridge (part two)


News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Finsbury Park
 (голосов: 0)
Finsbury Park
Finsbury Park is on the site of the earlier Hornsey Wood. The Park, opened in 1869, was so called because the inhabitants within the old Parliamentary borough of Finsbury initiated a movement for its acquisition, which all seems very curious since it is far from Finsbury, which is near central London. Finsbury itself was recorded as Vinisbir in 1231 and this is most likely to have been derived from an Anglo-Scandinavian name Fin, and the Old English burgh, 'manor' - and thus means 'Fin's Manor'. It was recorded as Fenysbury in 1535.

The station was opened by the Great Northern Railway as SEVEN SISTERS ROAD on 1 July 1861. It was renamed FINSBURY PARK in 1869 and first served by the Piccadilly Line on 15 December 1906.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.