,
Random
How to get a seat

Commemorative head of Queen Idia

St John's Chapel (White Tower, Tower of London)

Hungerford bridge (part one)

West Ham

The components

Kew Railway Bridge

Charing Cross

Hendon Central

Wooden bodhisattva mask

Quilted cotton horse armour

Strawberry jam

Marble figure of Buddha Amitabha

Battersea bridge (part two)

King's Cross St Pancras

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Finchley Central
 (голосов: 0)
Finchley Central
Finchley Central was recorded as Finchelee-leya c.1208 and it is possible that the name is derived from what can be interpreted as a finch clearing (meaning the bird) and the Old English leah, 'a forest' - 'the clearing in the forest with the finches'. More likely, the wording is from a personal name Finc - meaning 'Finc's Forest'. The name has many spellings and was recorded as Fyncheley in 1547.

The station was opened by the Great Northern Railway as FINCHLEY & HENDON on 22 August 1867; it became FINCHLEY (CHURCH END) on 1 February 1894 and FINCHLEY CENTRAL on 1 April 1940; it was first used by Underground trains on 14 April 1940.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.