The 19th Century. From the ccrimea to the boer war.(part one)

Westminster bridge (part one)

Harrow & Wealdstone

Farm Street Church (Church of the Immaculate Conception)

St Mary-at-Lambeth

Standard of Ur

Wimbledon Park

Incised lacquer cup

Chicken with tarragon butter


Royal Oak

Westminster, St John’s

Bronze mask of Dionysos

Euston Square

East Finchley

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Euston takes its name from the main-line station, opened on 20 July 1837, which was adjacent to Euston Grove and Euston Square on the estate held by the Duke of Grafton, whose seat was at Euston Hall, Suffolk.

Prior to the Underground station's opening the name of MELTON STREET was considered, but the station was opened as EUSTON on 12 May 1907.


The original platforms at Euston City & South London station, showing locomotive hauled rolling stock. The island platform with tracks either side lasted until the 1960s, when the construction of the Victoria Line necessitated extensive rebuilding, including this tunnel which retains one track only and an unusually wide platform.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.