Pieter van der Heyden (1538-72), Big Fish Eat Little Fish

North Greenwich

Assistant to a Judge of Hell

The Welsh Guards

Blackfriars Bridge (part two)

Corbridge lanx

Putney Bridge

Limestone door ос

Sugar-crusted cherry cake


Regent's Park

Mold gold cape

Acton Town

Tea Ceremonies

Iced tea

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Edgware Road
 (голосов: 0)
Edgware Road

Edgware Road was once part of the Roman road called Watling Street that ran from Dover through London to St Albans. During the 18th century the road became Edgware Road, being the direct route from Marble Arch to Edgware, which lies to the north west. Until the early 1900s it was often spelt Edgeware.

The Metropolitan Line station was opened as EDGWARE ROAD on 10 January 1863; the separate Bakerloo Line station was opened as EDGWARE ROAD on 15 June 1907.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.