,
Random
EDF Energy London Eye timeline

East Acton

Nazelnut roulade with raspberries and cream

Hungerford bridge (part two)

A new era in tea

Notting Hill Gate

Southwark Bridge (part three)

Mummy portrait of Artemidorus

Bronze head of Apollo («Chatsworth Head»)

Blackfriars Bridge (part one)

Mold gold cape

'Fowling in the marshes', fragment of wall painting from the tomb of Nebamun

Rhind mathematical papyrus

The musicians

Geometric krater painted with a couple and a ship with oarsmen

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Edgware
 (голосов: 0)
Edgware


[/thumb]Edgware was recorded Aegces Wer in 972-8 and Eggeswera later and is derived from the personal name of a Saxon Ecgis and weir - means very simply, 'Ecgis', fishing pool from a local stretch of water. From an early set of boundaries the precise position of the fishing pool can be ascertained; it is where Watling Street (now Edgware Road) crosses the Edgware Brook.

The station was opened as EDGWARE on 18 August 1924.





Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.