,
Random
Chicken with tarragon butter

Commemorative head of Queen Idia

Walthamstow Central

Cockfosters

Head of the horse of Selene

Chelsea bridge (part two)

The Second World War

Marylebone

Rhind mathematical papyrus

The Bishop’s Palace

Plum and almond tartlets

Mammoth-shaped spear thrower

Cannon Street

London bridge (part two)

Black-figured amphora

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
East Ham
 (голосов: 0)
East Ham

East Ham was recorded as Hamme in 958 which signifies that this and West Ham comprised one single geographical location and not until 1206 was the name Eastham recorded. The name is derived from the Old English hamm, 'a water meadow' - refer¬ring to the low-lying riverside meadow near the bend of the Thames. (See also West Ham.)

The station was opened as EAST HAM by the London, Tilbury & Southend Railway on 31 March 1858; first used by Underground trains on 2 June 1902.



East Ham

East Ham soon after laying of tramlines along its High Street in 1901.







Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.