,
Random
Bow Road

Codex Zouche-Nuttall

Albrect Dürer (1471-1528), The Rhinoceros

South Kensington

Deptford Bridge

Oval

St Pancras Parish Church

Cheswick bridge

Jack the Ripper walk (part ten)

Pisanello (с. 1395-1455), cast bronze medal of John VIII Palaeologus, emperor of Byzantium

Sugar-crusted cherry cake

Yi Che-gwan (1783-1837) (attributed to), Portrait of a Confucian scholar

Bronze mask of Dionysos

Latimer Road

Chelsea bridge (part one)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Earl's Court
 (голосов: 0)
Earl's Court

Earl's Court. After the Conquest the De Vere family were granted the Manor of Kensington which at one time had a court house. Later the head of the family was created Earl of Oxford, hence the name Earl's Court.

The old Court stood beside a little lane which is still called Old Manor Yard, but the court building was demolished in 1886. Now on the site are Barkston and Bramham Gardens.

The station was opened as EARL'S COURT on 31 October 1871, burnt down 30 December 1875 and repaired temporarily; new station further west opened 1 February 1878.



Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.