,
Random
Willesden Green

Wood Lane

Engraved glass ewer by the Cristalleries de Baccarat

Canons Park

Egg and cress sandwiches

Angel

Trooping the Colour

Design through the decades

Enamelled bronze pan

Tea leaf grading

Marble portrait of Alexander the Great

Stilton and fig tart with walnut dressing

Stratford

Richmond

Tower Hill

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Cockfosters
 (голосов: 0)
CockfostersCockfosters. This district of north London was recorded as Cockfosters in 1524 and although the origin of the name is uncertain, it is possible that it is derived from either the personal name of a family that once lived here, or a house recorded in 1613 on the edge of Enfield Chase and called Cockfosters. It is suggested that this was the residence of the chief forester (or cock forester), hence this rather unusual name which, until the arrival of the tube, was sometimes spelt as two words.

Prior to the station's opening the name of TRENT PARK was considered, but it opened as COCKFOSTERS on 31 July 1933.


Cockfosters

The site of Cockfosters station c.1931.





Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.