,
Random
Detection: Disagreement and Despondency

Warwick Avenue

Kentish Town

Eclairs with fresh cream and raspberries

Northwick Park

Stone sculpture of Tlazolteotl

The Heretics

The handbag diva - Vicky Sleeper

Citrus eccles cakes

Hoa Hakananai’a

Great Portland Street

Head of the horse of Selene

Silver plate showing Shapur II

Kenton

Granite sphinx

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Chesham
 (голосов: 0)
CheshamChesham had an early association with the Old English word ceaster - signifying 'a Roman town and fortification'. Recorded during the 10th century as Caesteshamm from the Old English ceastel, literally 'a heap of stones', and hamm, a ’water meadow' - meaning 'a boundary mark by a spring'. In the course of time the name has changed to Chesham, and nearby is the river Chess.

The station was opened as CHESHAM on 8 July 1889.



Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.