,
Random
Pytney bridge (part one)

Westbourne Grove

St Clement Danes

Raphael (1483-1520), The Virgin and Child

St George’s

Heathrow (Terminals 1, 2, 3, Terminal 4 and Terminal 5).

Westminster bridge (part one)

Wesley's Chapel

Stone relief of a lion hunt

Jade cong

Elverson Road

St George's Cathedral (Lambeth Road)

Vauxhall bridge (part one)

Whitechapel

Hillingdon

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Chalk Farm
 (голосов: 0)
Chalk FarmChalk Farm. It has been suggested this is a corruption of the wording Chalcot Farm but there is no evidence that a farm ever existed in this area. Recorded as Chaldecot(e) in 1253, it is stated that this name is derived from cold cottages, referring to the slopes of nearby Haverstock Hill which were bleak and exposed in the early days of settlement in this area. It seems that there was also a place of shelter here for travellers to London.

Prior to the opening of the station the name ADELAIDE ROAD was suggested, but it opened as CHALK FARM on 22 June 1907.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.