,
Random
St Pancras Parish Church

Paddington

The Liberty of the Clink

Silver tetradrachm of Athens

Londesborough brooch

The Grenadier Guards

Wimbledon

The Uniforms

St Paul's Cathedral (part one)

St George the Martyr (Borough High Street)

Winchester hoard

Sugar-crusted cherry cake

Hammersmith bridge (part one)

St Margaret’s Church

The Heretics

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Chalfont & Latimer
 (голосов: 0)
Chalfont & LatimerChalfont & Latimer. Chalfont was recorded as Ceadeles funta in 949 from the personal name of a Saxon, Ceadel, and Old Welsh funta, 'a spring or stream' - "Ceadel's home near a spring'. Latimer is also derived from a personal name, recorded as Yselhamstede in 1220 and Isenhampstede Latyer in 1389, from William Latymer, who obtained the manor on this site in 1330; the name was over time shortened to Latimer.

The station was opened as CHALFONT ROAD on 8 July 1889 and re-named CHALFONT & LATIMER in November 1915.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.