,
Random
Ravenscourt Park

St Bride's Fleet Street

St Paul's Cathedral (part one)

Discus-thrower (discobolos)

Carved calcite cobble

Apricot and ginger cake

Crucifixion of Christ

Langdon Park

Strangford Apollo

Yi Che-gwan (1783-1837) (attributed to), Portrait of a Confucian scholar

Hammersmith bridge (part three)

St Martin-in-the-Fields

The Setting

Death

Golders Green

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Canons Park
 (голосов: 0)
Canons ParkCanons Park. Six acres of this area were granted to the Prior of the St Augustinian canons of St Bartholomew's, Smithfield, in 1331 and were recorded as Canons during the 16th century. Canons Park later became the property of the Duke of Chandos and on the estate was built the Duke's magnificent mansion (also named 'Canons') which was demolished after its sale by the Duke's heir in 1747, being broken up and sold by lots at auction.

The station was opened on 10 December 1932 as CANONS PARK (EDGWARE), becoming just CANONS PARK during 1933.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.