,
Random
Elm Park

Royal Albert

Stamford Brook

London bridge (part twelve)

Smoked salmon and herb creme fraiche sandwiches

Westminster Abbey (Collegiate Church of St Peter, Parliament Square) - part three

Kew Railway Bridge

Casket depicting the Adoration of the Magi

Waterloo bridge (part four)

Paddington

Special occasions

Piranesi vase

Bronze head of Augustus

J.M.W. Turner (1775-1851), Tintern Abbey, the transept

The regimens`duties in times of peace

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Buckhurst Hill
 (голосов: 0)
Buckhurst HillBuckhurst Hill, as the name suggests, takes its name from a local natural feature, recorded as Bocherst(e) in 1135 from the Old English beech (tree) and hyrst, 'a copse' or 'wood' - later to be called Buckhurst. The area has also been called Goldhurst, the gold' referring no doubt to the colour of the trees in the wood. The Hill refers to another nearby feature.

The station was opened as Buckhurst Hill by the Eastern Counties Railway on 22 August 1856 and first used by Underground trains on 21 November 1948.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.