,
Random
St Alfege

Isambard Kingdom Brunei (1806-59)

Mocha shortbread biscuits

Balham

North Acton

Langdon Park

Woodside Park

Hornchurch

Gilded bronze figure of Tara

Waterloo bridge (part one)

Heathrow (Terminals 1, 2, 3, Terminal 4 and Terminal 5).

Arsenal

Capture of Leather Apron

Chelsea bridge (part one)

North Greenwich

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Barons Court
 (голосов: 0)
Barons CourtBarons Court. Unlike Earl's Court this name has no connection with the law, or the nobility, but was so named after an estate that extends from the District Line to Perham Road to the south. The estate was planned by Sir William Palliser and built at the end of the 19th century.

The name was fabricated-perhaps in allusion to the title of Court Baron then held by the Lord of the Manor or because Earl's Court was the name of a nearby district. The station was opened as BARONS COURT on 9 October 1905.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.