,
Random
Plaistow

Queen's Park

Bronze head from a statue emperor Hadrian

Paddington

The last course

Chalfont & Latimer

Raphael (1483-1520), The Virgin and Child

Hinton St Mary mosaic

Wooden bodhisattva mask

The 19th Century. From the ccrimea to the boer war.(part two)

Loose leaves or tea bags ?

Moor Park

The capsules

Steel peacock

Jade bi

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Barkingsid
 (голосов: 0)
BarkingsidBarkingside was so named in 1538 being on the extreme edge of the old parish of Barking. The word side is associated with a slope or hill especially one extending for a considerable distance, which was no doubt the case during the 16th century.

The station was opened as BARKINGSIDE by the Great Eastern Railway on 1 May 1903 and first used by Underground trains on 31 May 1948.



Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.