Elm Park

Royal Albert

Stamford Brook

London bridge (part twelve)

Smoked salmon and herb creme fraiche sandwiches

Westminster Abbey (Collegiate Church of St Peter, Parliament Square) - part three

Kew Railway Bridge

Casket depicting the Adoration of the Magi

Waterloo bridge (part four)


Special occasions

Piranesi vase

Bronze head of Augustus

J.M.W. Turner (1775-1851), Tintern Abbey, the transept

The regimens`duties in times of peace

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Balham was known as Baelenham in 957 and later as Bealganhamm being derived from the personal name of the Saxon Bealga, and Old English ham, a' homestead'. It means ' the home of Bealga' and his family who once lived on a site here. It was recorded as Balgaham in c. 1115.

The station was opened as BALHAM on 6 December 1926.


Balham High Street, showing the railway bridge carrying the LBSC main line between Victoria and Brighton. The Northern Line station would be erected beside the bridge about twenty years after this photograph was taken.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.