,
Random
Jack the Ripper walk (part five)

Jack the Ripper walk (part six)

Barking

Jack the Ripper walk (part seven)

White porcelain ‘moon jar’

Deptford Bridge

Millennium Bridge (part two)

Ladbroke Grove

Pipe in the form of an otter

Matching teas and cakes

Tottenham Hale

The Portobello menu

Beckton Park

Mask of the Nulthamalth (fool dancer)

Highbury & Islington

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Amersham
 (голосов: 0)
AmershamAmersham was recorded as Agmondesham in 1066 and the name is derived from the original wording Ealgmundsham, being the personal name of the Saxon Ealgmund, and Old English ham, a homestead' - 'the home of Ealgmund' and his family who once lived on a site here. Changed to Amersham с. 1675.

The station was opened as AMERSHAM on 1 September 1892. It was re-named AMERSHAM & CHESHAM Bois on 12 March 1922, reverting to AMERSHAM in about 1934.






Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.