,
Random
Barkingsid

Folkton drums

Hammersmith bridge (part four)

Hanger Lane

Matching teas and cakes

Limestone panel depicting the Buddhapada

EDF Energy London Eye River Cruise

Southwark

Southwark Bridge (part two)

St Etheldreda’s

The Liberty of the Clink

Jack the Ripper walk (part six)

Tea Ceremonies

Lewisham

Canning Town

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Alperton
 (голосов: 0)
AlpertonAlperton originally Ealhberhington, was recorded as Alprinton in the 12th century and the name is derived from the personal name of the Saxon Ealhbeart and Old English tun, 'a farm' - means 'the farm of Ealhbeart' and his family who once lived on a site here. It is sometimes recorded that Alperton is derived from 'apple farm', but this can be discounted. The name changed to Alperton in the course of time.

The station was opened as PERIVALE-ALPERTON on 28 June 1903 and re-named ALPERTON on 7 October 1910.



Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.