,
Random
Gilded wooden figure of a goat

The origins of tea

Gloucester Road

The Portobello menu

The Clink Prison

Stamford Brook

Jack the Ripper walk (part five)

Battersea railway bridge

Welcome to Portobello

Osterley

Haniwa

Chalk Farm

Westminster Cathedral (part one)

Hinton St Mary mosaic

The Unacceptables

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Lewisham
 (голосов: 0)
Lewisham


Lewisham was recorded as Levesham in the Domesday Book and the name is derived from the personal name of the Saxon Leofsa and the Old English tun 'a homestead'. The name changed to its present spelling in the course of time.

The station was opened on 20 November 1999.






Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.