,
Random
Blackfriars Railway Bridge

The Bands

Temple

The Scots Guards

Maruyama Ōkyo (1733-95), tiger screen

Jack the Ripper walk (part two)

A new era in tea

Rock crystal skull

Dagenham East

Newbury Park

West Harrow

Diorite statue, probably of Gudea of Lagash

Honey, sultana and pecan tea bread

Kew bridge (part one)

Putney Bridge

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Wood Green
 (голосов: 0)
Wood Green


Wood Green was recorded as Wodegrene in 1502 and was once a separate hamlet on the edge of Enfield Chase. As the name suggests it means 'the wood by the green'.

Prior to the station's opening the name LORDSHIP LANE was proposed, but it was opened as WOOD GREEN on 19 September 1932.






Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.