,
Random
Ladbroke Grove

Millennium Bridge (part two)

Giant sculpture of a scarab beetle

Borough

All Saints

Honey, sultana and pecan tea bread

Wembley Central

Sloane Square

Rag doll

Jack the Ripper

Southwark Cathedral (part two)

The Pilgrim Fathers

Euston

Clapham North

Tea Ceremonies

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Willesden Green
 (голосов: 0)
Willesden Green


Willesden Green was recorded as Wlllesdone Grene in 1254 and was formerly a distinct hamlet. Willesden itself was recorded as Willesdune in 939 and is derived from the Old English wiell, spring' and dun, 'hill', and means - hill of the spring', referring to a once nearby natural location. Willesden was the name adopted c.1840 by the London & Birmingham Railway from the earlier spelling of Wilsdon.

The station was opened as WILLESDEN GREEN on 24 November 1879.





Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.