,
Random
Gilded wooden figure of a goat

The origins of tea

Gloucester Road

The Portobello menu

The Clink Prison

Stamford Brook

Jack the Ripper walk (part five)

Battersea railway bridge

Welcome to Portobello

Osterley

Haniwa

Chalk Farm

Westminster Cathedral (part one)

Hinton St Mary mosaic

The Unacceptables

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
White City
 (голосов: 0)
White City


White City. The sports stadium was opened in 1908 to house part of the Franco-British Exhibition. The strikingly white finish of the buildings, and the exhibits in the main hall (all of which were white), earned the stadium its name.

The Hammersmith & City Line station was opened on 1 May 1908, and the Central Line station on 14 May 1908, both as WOOD LANE.

The Central Line station was re-sited and both re¬named WHITE CITY 23 November 1947. The Hammersmith & City station was closed from 25 October 1959; since 1 November 1914 it had been used only on special occasions.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.