Maida Vale

Sudbury Hill

Woodside Park

Flood tablet


Mornington Crescent

Albert bridge (part three)


Quilted cotton horse armour


A walk down Portobello (part two)

Boston Manor

Manor House


News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Westminster. By tradition the site of the Abbey was first known as Torneia (785) and means thorn island, being once a low lying islet regularly cut off from the mainland at high tide. Recorded as Westminster in 785, the name is derived from west and Old English mynster, monastery' or church', the west because it lies to the west of London. Westminster Abbey began as a small church attached to a Benedictine monastery, was rebuilt in the eleventh century and completed in 1388. The village of Westminster (a City since 1540) was joined up to London in the 18th century.

The station opened as WESTMINSTER BRIDGE on 24 December 1868; re-named WESTMINSTER 1907.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.