,
Random
Gold dinar of Caliph Abd al-Malik

Sir John Tenniel (1821-1914), Alice and the Cheshire Cat

Wandsworth bridge (part two)

Northfields

Richmond lock (part two)

The Second World War

Colossal marble lion from a tomb monument

Royal Game of Ur

St Katharine Cree

Dagenham Heathway

Kew bridge (part two)

Assistant to a Judge of Hell

Strawberries and cream cupcakes

Facts and figures

Standard of Ur

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Westbourne Park
 (голосов: 0)
Westbourne Park



Westbourne Park was recorded as Westburn in 1222 and is derived from the Old English westan and burnam, 'place'- means the place west of the stream'. Paddington was the sister village on the east bank. The road here was an ancient lane winding through the old Westbourne Farm. The Green was recorded in 1680 hence the Park, now a road.

The station was opened as WESTBOURNE PARK on 1 February 1866.






Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.