Tower bridge (part seven)

St Paul's Church (Diamond Way, off Deptford High Street)


Chalk Farm

Covent Garden

The Blues and Royals

Steatite seals from the Indus Valley


London bridge (part eight)

Bronze model of a human head

The regimens`duties in times of peace

The Horse Guards Building

St Paul's Cathedral (part two)

Lambeth bridge (part two)

St Augustine

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Wembley Central
 (голосов: 0)
Wembley Central

Wembley Central was recorded as Wemba lea in 825 and the name is derived from the personal name Wemba and the Old English leah, 'forest clearing' - and means 'the clearing where Wemba lived'. This name may be a nickname or could be taken from Wemba, the name of a Gothic King. It has had various spellings until recorded as Wembley in 1535.

A station called SUDBURY was opened by the London & Birmingham Railway in 1842. It was re-named SUDBURY & WEMBLEY on 1 May 1882 and WEMBLEY FOR SUDBURY on 1 November 1910. The present station was first used for Underground trains as WEMBLEY FOR SUDBURY on 16 April 1917; re-named WEMBLEY CENTRAL 5 July 1948.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.