,
Random
Ruislip Gardens

Hyde Park Corner

Latimer Road

Pillar edict of Emperor Asoka

Wimbledon

Blackfriars Bridge (part three)

Westminster

Mammoth-shaped spear thrower

“Queen of the Night” relief

Jolliffe & Banks

Lambeth bridge (part one)

Samuel Palmer (1805-81), A Cornfield by Moonlight with the Evening Star

Hendon Central

Cockfosters

Wandsworth bridge (part one)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Watford
 (голосов: 0)
Watford



Watford was recorded in 944 and the name is derived from the Old English waed, 'place for wading' or wad, 'hunting' - and means 'ford which is used by hunters', from a once nearby natural feature.

The station was opened as WATFORD on 2 November 1925.




Watford

The centre of Watford in the early 1930s.






Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.