,
Random
Leytonstone

Death

St John's Chapel (White Tower, Tower of London)

Lambeth bridge (part three)

Isambard Kingdom Brunei (1806-59)

Sir Joseph Bazalgette (1819-1891)

Blackfriars

Coffee and walnut cake

Jack the Ripper walk (part eight)

Woodside Park

The Horses (part two)

Cannon Street

Royal Oak

Dollis Hill

Egg and cress sandwiches

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Wanstead
 (голосов: 0)
Wanstead


Wanstead was recorded as Waenstede in 1066 and the name is derived from the Old English waen, 'waggon' and stede, 'place'. It seems that there was once a ford here, where waggons crossed a stream, and' stede' usually meant a holy place - therefore Wanstead means 'to the holy place, near the ford crossed by waggons'.

The station was opened as WANSTEAD on 14 December 1947.





Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.