,
Random
Winchester hoard

Sandstone stele with a figure of Harihara

Tufnell Park

London bridge (part three)

East Ham

Regent's Park

Royal Oak

Burghead bull

How to spot a bargain

The Bishop’s Palace

St Bride's Fleet Street

Dagenham East

Kew bridge (part two)

Hoa Hakananai’a

Fenton vase

News from our friends
Into the future
Elizabeth II HAS REIGNED in a world moving swiftly through political shifts, cultural change and technological advances. Traditional institutions of law, religion and politics have suffered loss of ...
Elizabeth II (1952 - )
Princess Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born at 17 Bruton Street, London on 21 April 1926. A happy childhood was spent with her parents, the Duke and Duchess of York, and younger sister Margaret Rose. ...
Edward VIII and George VI (1936 - 1952)
Edward VIII (1936) Edward, Prince of Wales, eldest son of George V and Queen Mary, was known to the family as 'David'. Charming and informal, he was a popular prince, touring Britain and the empire, ...
George V (1910 - 1936)
Edward vii's eldest son Albert died at the age of 28, and so it was his second son, George, who followed him as king. George had learned the navy's traditions of duty and. Blue-eyed, blunt, and ...
House of Windsor
When Queen Victoria died in 1901, she left three generations of heirs. They, it was expected, would reign as monarchs of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. In fact, the name survived only 16 years. In ...
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Theydon Bois
 (голосов: 0)
Theydon Bois


Theydon Bois was known as Thayden de Bosco and held by Hugh de Bossco in 1240, but this family name seems to be of local and not French origin and is derived from the wood in Theydon. Theydon itself means, perhaps, 'a valley where thatch was obtained'.

The station was opened as THEYDON by the Great Eastern Railway on 24 April 1865; re-named THEYDON BOIS on 1 December 1865. First used by Underground trains on 25 September 1949.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.