,
Random
Haniwa

Edgar Degas (1834-1917), Dancers Practising at the Barre

Goodge Street

London bridge (part five)

North Greenwich

Cyrus cylinder

Oxford Circus

St Bride's Fleet Street

Snaresbrook

Automated clock in the form of a galleon, by Hans Schlottheim (1545-1625)

Ruislip Manor

Elverson Road

Park Royal

Blackwall

Jack the Ripper walk (part one)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Stratford
 (голосов: 0)
Stratford



Stratford was recorded in 1177 and is derived from the Old English straet, 'road' and ford - and means 'the road with a ford'. The ford was where the Roman road to Colchester crossed one of the various branches of the River Lea.

The station was opened as STRATFORD on 4 December 1946. (The original Eastern Counties Railway station was opened on 20 June 1839.)


Stratford

In the early 20th century Stratford was a thriving community with many of its local inhabitants employed at the Great Eastern Railway's main works.






Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.