,
Random
Europian Wars

Reliquary of St Eustace

Egg and cress sandwiches

Mold gold cape

Old Street

Belsize Park

Snaresbrook

North Wembley

Quilted cotton horse armour

Nataraja, Lord of the Dance

East Putney

Mill Hill East

Bimaran reliquary

Fairlop

Bromley-by-Bow

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Stockwell
 (голосов: 0)
Stockwell


Stockwell was recorded as Stokewell in 1188 and can be interpreted as meaning - 'the stream with a footbridge consisting of a tree trunk', referring to a natural location, which was once nearby. Derived from Old English - stock (trunk) and wella (stream), Stockwell was a small rural village until the 1860s.

The station was opened as STOCKWELL on 18 December 1890.






Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.