Changing the Guard

South Woodford

West Brompton

St Mary's Rotherhithe

The queen of vintage - Hilary Proctor


Papyrus from the Book of the Dead of Nedjmet

Kingston railway bridge

The Second World War

Manor House

Roding Valley

Hawai’ian feather cape

Lambeth bridge (part two)

Silver tetradrachm of Athens

Soapstone head

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Stamford Brook
 (голосов: 0)
Stamford Brook

Stamford Brook was recorded in 1650 and this was the name of the stream which divided, near its mouth to the west, the parishes of Acton and Chiswick from Fulham, and further north was spanned by Bollo Bridge.

The name is derived from a stony ford, once located here, where the main Great West Road crossed the stream.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.