,
Random
Wood Lane

Palmerston gold chocolate cups

Northwick Park

The Bishop’s Palace

Ealing Broadway

Amersham

Kew Railway Bridge

St Paul’s Church (Bedford Street)

South Wimbledon

Cameo portrait of Augustus

Bow Church

Finchley Central

Design through the decades

The handbag diva - Vicky Sleeper

Rhind mathematical papyrus

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
South Wimbledon
 (голосов: 0)
South Wimbledon


South Wimbledon - see Wimbledon.

During planning of the station the name MERTON GROVE was used, but it was opened as SOUTH WIMBLEDON on 13 September 1926 as it was thought advantageous to the Underground to show the station's near connection to the somewhat better known Wimbledon.





Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.