,
Random
The Just-commonsensical

Chocolate and orange marble cake

St George’s Bloomsbury

Asante-style drum

Kentish Town

Westminster Abbey (Collegiate Church of St Peter, Parliament Square) - part two

London bridge (part nine)

Sudbury Town

Wandsworth bridge (part one)

Wanstead

Tufnell Park

Shadwell

Stilton and fig tart with walnut dressing

Bronze head

Blackfriars Bridge (part one)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Snaresbrook
 (голосов: 0)
Snaresbrook


Snaresbrook was so named in 1599 and takes its name from a nearby natural landmark. The name is derived from the Old English shear, 'swift' and brook - 'the swift flowing brook'.

The station was built as SNARESBROOK & WANSTEAD by the Eastern Counties Railway and opened on 22 August 1856. First used by Underground trains and re-named SNARESBROOK on 14 December 1947.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.