,
Random
Detection: Disagreement and Despondency

Warwick Avenue

Kentish Town

Eclairs with fresh cream and raspberries

Northwick Park

Stone sculpture of Tlazolteotl

The Heretics

The handbag diva - Vicky Sleeper

Citrus eccles cakes

Hoa Hakananai’a

Great Portland Street

Head of the horse of Selene

Silver plate showing Shapur II

Kenton

Granite sphinx

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
St James's Park
 (голосов: 0)
St James's Park


St James's Park lies on the site of an ancient hospital dedicated to St James the Less, from which it takes its name. It was part of a swamp until, on the orders of Henry VIII in 1532, it was drained to become a bowling green, tilt yard, and breeding ground for deer. John Nash re-designed the park in 1827-29.

The station was opened as ST JAMES'S PARK on 24 December 1868.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.