,
Random
Detection: Disagreement and Despondency

Warwick Avenue

Kentish Town

Eclairs with fresh cream and raspberries

Northwick Park

Stone sculpture of Tlazolteotl

The Heretics

The handbag diva - Vicky Sleeper

Citrus eccles cakes

Hoa Hakananai’a

Great Portland Street

Head of the horse of Selene

Silver plate showing Shapur II

Kenton

Granite sphinx

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Ruislip Manor
 (голосов: 0)
Ruislip Manor


Ruislip Manor - see Ruislip. Today near the River Pinn lies Manor farm. This, and its surroundings, once held a priory dependent on the Norman Abbey of Bee. During the wars with France the Manor was confiscated by the Crown and the priory was closed in 1414. The land was granted to the Earl of Bedford, then to King's College, Cambridge, who still own the lordship of the manor.

The station opened as RUISLIP MANOR HALT on 5 August 1912.





Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.