,
Random
Cucumber, cream cheese and dill sandwiches

Boston Manor

J.M.W. Turner (1775-1851), Tintern Abbey, the transept

Whitechapel

Bronze figure of a seated cat

The concept

Knightsbridge

Putney Bridge

Caledonian Road

Warwick Avenue

Citrus syrup sponge loaf cake

Clapham South

King George V

Crocodile-skin suit of armour

Custom House

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Roding Valley
 (голосов: 0)
Roding Valley


Roding Valley takes its name from the River Roding. The river, however, took its name from the villages called Reding (or Roothing), which in turn came from the settlement of the people known as the Hroda, and was corrupted to Roding in the course of time. It was recorded as duae Rotinges in the 11th century and as Rodon in 1576. The Valley as such is no more than a shallow dip at this point.

The station was opened by the London & North Eastern Railway as RODING VALLEY on 3 February 1936 and was first used by Underground trains on 21 November 1948.





Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.