Queen's Park

Bronze head from a statue emperor Hadrian


The last course

Chalfont & Latimer

Raphael (1483-1520), The Virgin and Child

Hinton St Mary mosaic

Wooden bodhisattva mask

The 19th Century. From the ccrimea to the boer war.(part two)

Loose leaves or tea bags ?

Moor Park

The capsules

Steel peacock

Jade bi

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Richmond was known as Shene (meaning Shelter) from c.950 until 1502, when Henry VIII rebuilt the palace here after it had been burnt down by fire a year earlier. He called it Richmond (or Richemount) after his earldom so named in Yorkshire. This, in its turn, originally came from a name of a place in France. So modern Richmond obtained its name in a roundabout way.

The original London & South Western Railway station was opened as RICHMOND on 27 July 1846. The terminal station platforms were opened by the LSWR for the use of their own service from Hammersmith on 1 January 1869 and North London Railway trains from Broad Street. District Railway trains began on 1 June 1877 and the Metropolitan Railway served it between 1 October 1877 and 31 December 1906.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.