,
Random
St Pancras Parish Church

Paddington

The Liberty of the Clink

Silver tetradrachm of Athens

Londesborough brooch

The Grenadier Guards

Wimbledon

The Uniforms

St Paul's Cathedral (part one)

St George the Martyr (Borough High Street)

Winchester hoard

Sugar-crusted cherry cake

Hammersmith bridge (part one)

St Margaret’s Church

The Heretics

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Regent's Park
 (голосов: 0)
Regent's Park


Regent's Park, once Marylebone Park, was a Royal Hunting ground until the Interregnum, 1649. It reverted to the Crown in 1811 and was laid out afresh from 1812 onwards by John Nash for the Prince Regent, after whom it is named. At the same time Nash designed and built Regent Street as part of the 'Royal Mile' connecting the park with the Prince's house in St James's. Roughly circular in shape, the Park covers an area of 472 acres and includes the famous London Zoo.

The station was opened as REGENT'S PARK on 10 March 1906.





Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.