,
Random
Embankment

East Ham

Southwark Cathedral (part two)

Calcite-alabaster stela

Londesborough brooch

The handbag diva - Vicky Sleeper

Stepney Green

Mask of the Nulthamalth (fool dancer)

Tea leaf grading

Old Royal Naval College Chapel

Millennium Bridge (part three)

Preen yourself

A walk down Portobello (part two)

Blackfriars Bridge (part five)

Sword from the armoury of Tipu Sultan (1750-99)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Ravenscourt Park
 (голосов: 0)
Ravenscourt Park


Ravenscourt Park was the manor granted to Alice Perrers, the notorious favourite of Edward III (reigned 1327-77). It was known as Palyngewyk in 1270 (later Padingwick) and in 1819 a Raven's Court House was recorded in the area, but the history of this modern name is unknown. The Park lies opposite the station along Paddenswick Road.

The station was opened as SHAFTESBURY ROAD by the London & South Western Railway on 1 April 1873. It was re-named RAVENSCOURT PARK on 1 March 1888. First used by Underground trains on 1 June 1877.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.