Mocha shortbread biscuits



Blackfriars Bridge (part five)

Geometric krater painted with a couple and a ship with oarsmen

Mill Hill East

‘Seal of God’ from Dr John Dee’s magic set

Grosvenor railway bridge

Guard duties

North Greenwich

Carved hardwood figure known as A'a

Canning Town


Jolliffe & Banks

Hammersmith bridge (part five)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Queensway, formerly called Black Line Lane, was named from the Public House once on the corner of the street. It was renamed in honour of Queen Victoria soon after she came to the throne in 1837. It is suggested that the reason was that, as a child, this was the place of Victoria's favourite horse ride; she then lived only half a mile away at Kensington Palace. It was at first called Queen's Road, then Queensway from January 1938.

The station was opened as QUEEN'S ROAD on 30 July 1900; renamed QUEENSWAY 1 September 1946.


Queensbury station before the Second World War.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.