,
Random
Plaistow

Queen's Park

Bronze head from a statue emperor Hadrian

Paddington

The last course

Chalfont & Latimer

Raphael (1483-1520), The Virgin and Child

Hinton St Mary mosaic

Wooden bodhisattva mask

The 19th Century. From the ccrimea to the boer war.(part two)

Loose leaves or tea bags ?

Moor Park

The capsules

Steel peacock

Jade bi

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Pinner
 (голосов: 0)
Pinner


Pinner was recorded as Pinnora in 1232 and the name is derived from a personal name (or nickname) Pin (or Pinna), and the Old English ora, 'bank edge' or 'Slope' - this refers to the original village street which slopes steeply up to the church from the Pinn River - and thus means 'the slope to Pinna's place'. It is certain that the River Pinn takes its name from the old village and not vice versa. It was recorded as Pynnor in 1483.

The station was opened as PINNER on 25 May 1885.


Pinner

Pinner High Street about 100 years ago. Little has changed to its general appearance since this picture was taken.






Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.