Blackfriars Bridge (part two)

Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp


Meringues with double cream and lemon curd

Maruyama Ōkyo (1733-95), tiger screen

The opium wars

Waterloo bridge (part two)

Blacas ewer

Richmond lock (part two)


Plum and almond tartlets


Scenes from the legend of Gazi

Mammoth-shaped spear thrower

Deptford Bridge

News from our friends
Into the future
Elizabeth II HAS REIGNED in a world moving swiftly through political shifts, cultural change and technological advances. Traditional institutions of law, religion and politics have suffered loss of ...
Elizabeth II (1952 - )
Princess Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born at 17 Bruton Street, London on 21 April 1926. A happy childhood was spent with her parents, the Duke and Duchess of York, and younger sister Margaret Rose. ...
Edward VIII and George VI (1936 - 1952)
Edward VIII (1936) Edward, Prince of Wales, eldest son of George V and Queen Mary, was known to the family as 'David'. Charming and informal, he was a popular prince, touring Britain and the empire, ...
George V (1910 - 1936)
Edward vii's eldest son Albert died at the age of 28, and so it was his second son, George, who followed him as king. George had learned the navy's traditions of duty and. Blue-eyed, blunt, and ...
House of Windsor
When Queen Victoria died in 1901, she left three generations of heirs. They, it was expected, would reign as monarchs of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. In fact, the name survived only 16 years. In ...
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Perivale. This district was originally known as Greneford and is recorded as this in the Domesday Book, later to be known as Little Greenford (in 1386) a distinction from Greenford (or Great Greenford). The name was changed by 1508 to Pyryvale and is derived from Middle English perie, ' pear tree' and Old French val, 'vale' and means 'the valley with the pear trees', which referred to a nearby meadow. Called Purevale in the late 16th century, it changed to the present spelling in the course of time.

The station was opened for Underground trains as PERIVALE on 30 June 1947. It replaced a PERIVALE HALT on the Great Western Railway opened on 2 May 1904.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.