East Ham

Southwark Cathedral (part two)

Calcite-alabaster stela

Londesborough brooch

The handbag diva - Vicky Sleeper

Stepney Green

Mask of the Nulthamalth (fool dancer)

Tea leaf grading

Old Royal Naval College Chapel

Millennium Bridge (part three)

Preen yourself

A walk down Portobello (part two)

Blackfriars Bridge (part five)

Sword from the armoury of Tipu Sultan (1750-99)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Paddington was recorded as Padintune in 959 and the name is derived from the personal name of the Saxon Padda and the Old English tun, 'a farm - it means 'the farm of Padda', an Anglo Saxon chieftain. Recorded as Patyngton in 1398 and changed to Paddington in the course of time.

The Circle Line station (opposite The Great Western Station Hotel) was opened as PADDINGTON (PRAED STREET) on 1 October 1868; re-named PADDINGTON 11 July 1948. The Hammersmith & City Line station (alongside the main line platform 12) was opened as PADDINGTON (BISHOP'S ROAD) on 10 January 1863; re¬named PADDINGTON on 10 September 1933. The Bakerloo Line station was opened as PADDINGTON on 1 December 1913.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.