,
Random
Detection: Disagreement and Despondency

Warwick Avenue

Kentish Town

Eclairs with fresh cream and raspberries

Northwick Park

Stone sculpture of Tlazolteotl

The Heretics

The handbag diva - Vicky Sleeper

Citrus eccles cakes

Hoa Hakananai’a

Great Portland Street

Head of the horse of Selene

Silver plate showing Shapur II

Kenton

Granite sphinx

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
Discussed
Advertisement
Osterley
 (голосов: 0)
Osterley


Osterley was recorded as Osterle in 1274 and the name is derived from either the Old English word eowestre, which can be interpreted as meaning 'sheepfold clearing', being once pasture land, or Old English ost, ' a knob of land' and leah, a 'glade', which can be interpreted as meaning 'a . Recorded as Austerley 1609 and Osterley at a later date.

The station was opened as OSTERLEY & SPRING GROVE on 1 May 1883. It was re-sited further west and the new station opened on 25 March 1934 as OSTERLEY. The earlier station can still be seen.




Информация
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.