Astronomical compendium

Door lintel (pare) from a house

Aigina Treasure pendant


Madeira Cake

Westminster, St John’s

Introduction (part one)

Buckhurst Hill

Clay mask of the demon Huwawa

Leicester Square


Raffles gamelan

EDF Energy London Eye timeline

Hoa Hakananai’a

The 19th Century. From the ccrimea to the boer war.(part one)

News from our friends
XML error in File: http://www.anglophile.ru/en/rss.xml
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2
Most Popular
Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640), Isabella BrantThis famous portrait drawing is of Rubens’ first wife, ...
Waterloo suicidesFor centuries people have been committing or attempting...
The queen of vintage - Hilary ProctorThere's only one thing more fabulous than Hilary Pr...
The Blues and RoyalsIn 1969 The Royal Horse Guards (The Blues) were amalgam...
London Oratory (Brompton Road)The Congregation of the Oratory was founded in Rome by ...
London bridge (part twelve)After the opening in 1836 of London Bridge station, the...
Clocks and watches - Martyn Stamp"1970s watches are very popular right now, whereas...
Guy's Hospital ChapelThe benefaction by which Thomas Guy founded the well-kn...
 (голосов: 0)

Oakwood takes its name from the nearby Oakwood Park, or possibly a large house which once stood here called Oak Lodge.

The names of EAST BARNET and MERRYHILLS were considered but the station was opened as ENFIELD WEST on 13 March 1933; re-named ENFIELD WEST (OAKWOOD) ON 3 May 1934, and OAKWOOD on 1 September 1946.

Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.